At Lockerley we have two very important Junior Road Safety Officers (JRSO’s). They have been specially trained to take on this role and have been organising lots of new and fun activities and initiatives within the school.
Yours JRSO’s at Lockerley are:
- Georgina (Year 5)
- Sam (Year 5)
Sam and Georgina have helped to organise many different road safety themed events including:
JRSO Road Safety Assembly (10/11/15)
- Both the JRSO’s along with Miss Wood lead an assembly on the upcoming Road Safety Week. Focussing on how to dress bright to be seen, they demonstrated suitable clothing and accessories for walking in the dark as well as quizzing the children on important road safety issues.
Dress Bright Day (25/11/15)
- The JRSO’s organised a ‘Dress Bright Day’ where all of the children wore light and bright clothes and accessories to school. This was to help promote being seen by other road users.
Road Safety Afternoon
- In the Spring Term, each class at Lockerley had an opportunity to spend an afternoon taking part in road safety themed games and activities.
- Skippers class talked about how to stay safe on the road.
- Admirals class completed word searches and played road safety games.
- Swallowtails and Emperors spent their time designing a ‘Park and Stride’ banner for outside the school.