Welcome to Admirals' Class Page.
The children in Admirals class are aged 5-7 and are in years 1 and 2. Miss Lilly is the class teacher in Admirals. We do lots of fun learning so make sure you visit the page often to see all of the exciting things we have achieved.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to speak to Miss Lilly.
Home Learning Week 7
Week 7's home learning has included:
- writing a character description for one of the characters in Little Red Riding Hood.
- creating a piece of art inspired by the artist Claude Monet.
- making a thank you card for the staff at Southampton General Hospital.
- solving maths problems with doubling and halving.
- trying out different dance styles with ballet and hip-hop classes.
- answering quiz questions during our Google Meet.
Home Learning Week 6
Week 6's home learning has included:
- writing a letter to tell their teacher all about their favourite fruit and vegetables.
- creating a piece of art work using food items in their house, similar to the work of artist Giuseppe Arcimboldo.
- learning about 2D and 3D shapes.
- completing a reading comprehension all about The Gruffalo’s Child.
- creating family house posters for PSHE.
- making music inspired by journeys to the moon.
Home Learning Week 5
Week 5's home learning has included:
- helping an alien out by writing instructions on how to plant a turnip.
- creating a poster explaining how to look after a plant.
- focussing on solving division problems in maths.
- completing a reading comprehension to find out more about VE day.
- using Lexia to help with our reading.
- VE day activities including making decorations and baking!
VE Day Celebrations
Home Learning Week 4
Week 4's home learning has included:
- using the story ‘Supertato’ the children have written their own stories about a vegetable who is a superhero.
- learning about the life cycle of a plant.
- counting in 2s, 5s and 10s and learning their 2x, 5x and 10x table.
- looking at a front cover of a book and making predictions about the story.
- reading and writing split digraphs and compound words.
- keeping active with zumba, yoga and creating their own workouts.
Leo enjoys doing PE and whatever the weather it doesn't stop him exercising!
Home Learning Week 3
Week 3's home learning has included:
- playing ‘What am I?’ - we wrote about a fruit or vegetable and then the rest of the class had to guess what we had described.
- finding out about parts of a plant and drawing labelled diagrams.
- measuring weight, length and capacity.
- creating pictures of what we love about earth for ‘Earth Day’.
- listening to Miss Lilly reading stories about vegetables and plants.
- finding out about our family for a PSHE activity.
Home Learning Week 2
Week 2's home learning has included:
- writing a poem about our school values for the Oratory cup
- completing Hampshire School Games PE challenges
- finding out about food chains and drawing some of our own
- using objects at home to use for instruments and creating our own rhythms to music
- listening to Miss Lilly reading stories about Australian animals
- completing daily maths work involving money
Home Learning Week 1
We thought we would share all of the wonderful things that Admirals have been up to while we haven't been able to be at school. It has been great to keep in touch with everyone in Amazing Admirals!
Week 1's home learning has included:
- writing diary entries about what we have been up to
- finding out more about Australian animals and the habitats they live in
- creating art work by making a collage using objects found outside
- listening to Miss Lilly reading us different stories and poems
- completing daily phonics and maths work
Admirals' Class Newsletter Spring 1 2020
Admirals' Class Newsletter Spring 2 2020